Eating food that pacifies your doshas not only balances the doshas but also ensures that you are eating the right type of food. Pitta dosha is known to control the metabolism, energy production and the digestion processes of the body. People with a predominant Pitta dosha should opt for cooling foods because it is good for their body. This simple and easy to make soup should preferably be eaten cold to help balance the pitta dosha.
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup raw 1/4 avocado
- ½ cup green peas
- 2 tbsp green peas shells (you should remove the veins from the shells by snapping the ends and string the shells )
- 2 cups fresh spinach, packed
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh mint leaves
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- salt to taste
- ½ t sp lemon zest
- Place the water and avocado into blender and blend at the highest speed until completely smooth.
- Add the peas, spinach, lemon juice, and mint and blend at high speed, until thick and smooth.
- Taste and add freshly ground black pepper, salt and additional lemon juice if needed.
- Serve cold with lemon to squeeze into individual servings.
This is a cold soup but it could easily be served hot. Make the soup as directed and then warm it gently on the stove or in the microwave until the desired temperature.
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 2 bowls
- Serving Size: 150 gms
This article is copyright ©2013 by Omved Lifestyle Pvt.Ltd. This article may be reprinted provided that all credit information remains intact. If you wish to use this article, you must include the reprint credits that are shown on the top and the bottom of the article. If you wish to modify any aspect of the reprint credit or article, or use any other content from our blog, you must first contact us at [email protected] to request written permission.