This absolutely delicious pitta pacifying recipe helps to balance the pitta dosha. If you have a pitta dosha, you need to stay away from very spicy food, however eating spices in moderation can be included in your diet. This easy to make recipe not only has all the ingredients that can help you pacify your dosha levels but also makes a warm and a delicious meal!
Prep Time: 25minutes
Cook Time:35 minutes
Total Time: 60 minutes
Serving Size: 200 gms
What you need for the dumplings
- 1 cup grated cabbage
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 1/4 cup onion chopped and sautéed
- 2 tbsp wheat flour
- 2 tbsp Corn flour
- 1 tbsp garam masala
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander leaves.
- 1 tsp Salt
- Sunflower oil for frying
Making the dumplings
- Mix together the ingredients of dumplings
- Do not add water,the water from the grated cabbage/carrot itself is enough to bind the mixture.
- Shallow fry in sunflower oil. drain and keep aside.
How to make the khichadi
- 1 cup basmati rice soaked for 1 hr
- 1 cup yellow mungdaal split soaked for 1 hr
- 2 tb sp green beans chopped
- 2 tb sp green peas shelled
- 2 tb sp green bell peppers chopped
- 2 tb sp onions chopped
- 2 sticks cinnamon
- 5 cloves
- 1 t sp turmeric powder
- 1 t sp fennel seeds
- 1 t sp asafetida
- 1 t sp cumin seeds
- A few curry leaves
- 2 tb sp ghee
- Salt to taste
- Sauté cinnamon, cloves, fennel seeds, cumin seeds, curry leaves and asafetida in ghee on medium heat
- Add rice and mung daal and sauté for 5 min.
- Sauté bell peppers and onions for 2 min
- Add green peas and green beans and sauté further for 2 min.
- Add the turmeric powder and salt
- Add enough water to cook the rice and mung dal mixture.
Put the dumplings in the khichadi after it is cooked and mix well making sure the dumplings don’t break. Garnish with coriander leaves and the khichadi is ready to eat.
This article is copyright ©2013 by Omved Lifestyle Pvt.Ltd. This article may be reprinted provided that all credit information remains intact. If you wish to use this article, you must include the reprint credits that are shown on the top and the bottom of the article. If you wish to modify any aspect of the reprint credit or article, or use any other content from our blog, you must first contact us at [email protected] to request written permission.