Aam Panna is an Indian drink renowned for its heat resistant properties. It is made from green mangoes and it is used as a tasty and healthy beverage to fight against the intense Indian summer heat. This refreshing summer drink not just keeps you hydrated, but it also helps to rejuvenate the tired you.
This refreshing drink is slightly sweet and sour to the taste and spices like powdered cardamom and black salt add that extra flavour to this drink. There are two ways to sweeten this drink. You can use either sugar or jaggery. Because jaggery is good for health, it is the preferred option for the drink.
Benefits of Aam Panna
We’ve listed a few health benefits of aam panna for you:
- Aam Panna mitigates the occurrence of heat strokes
- A refreshing drink that rejuvenates and hydrates the tired body.
- Helps in the treatment of gastro intestinal problems during summer.
- Unripe mangoes are rich in vitamin B1,B2 and Niacin the revitalizes you
- Unripe mangoes are rich in vitamin C that helps to detox the body.
The procedure to make aam panna is fairly simple and uncomplicated.
- Wash the raw mangoes thoroughly and soak in water for an hour. Pressure cook the mangoes in water for 4-5 whistles or till they become soft. You can also cook the mangoes without a pressure cooker, but it is time consuming.
- Peel the cooked mangoes and take out the mango pulp. Scrape the mango from the peels too. Collect the cooked mango pulp in a bowl. Discard the peels and the seeds.
- Add powdered sugar or jaggery to the mix now. The proportion to keep in mind is double the quantity of sugar or jaggery in comparison to the pulp you have extracted. Mix well.
- You can also use a blender to mix the ingredients thoroughly. Add the powdered cardamom and mix again.
- The aam panna is ready and you will need to store this in a glass jar in a fridge.
- To make one glass of aam panna, mix one 1 tbsp of the mix ina glass of chilled water and ice cubes. Add a dash of mint leaves for seasoning and your refreshing aam panna is ready.
This article is copyright ©2013 by Omved Lifestyle Pvt.Ltd. This article may be reprinted provided that all credit information remains intact. If you wish to use this article, you must include the reprint credits that are shown on the top and the bottom of the article. If you wish to modify any aspect of the reprint credit or article, or use any other content from our blog, you must first contact us at [email protected] to request written permission.