Omved Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil is an all-purpose, therapeutic-grade oil that can be used for skin, hair and body care. Made using the highest quality ingredients, this coconut oil, Cocos nucifera, is known for being a powerhouse of antioxidants. Being unrefined in nature, it is also a rich source of vitamins and minerals.
It is 100% Organic, pure oil extracted using a cold-pressed process to help retain its unique balance of nutrients. It can also be used as a body moisturizer to make the skin smooth and even textured. So when applied directly to the skin or hair before washing, it makes for a very effective conditioner. Besides, it can also soothe dry sensitive skin or scalp and add shine to damaged hair.
Due to its nature, it is perfect for many skins, hair and body care uses such as massage and deep moisturizing. It may be applied at 100% strength to the skin or blended in lesser percentages with various essential oils.
Difference Between Refined Coconut Oil And Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
Refined Coconut Oil is made using dry coconuts or ‘copra’ and Extra Virgin Coconut Oil (EVCO) is made using fresh coconuts. The most important difference between regular coconut oil and extra virgin coconut oil is the amount of refinement. Refined Coconut Oil, which is also known as deodorized coconut oil is made using dry coconuts. Refined Coconut Oil has a neutral fragrance and flavor while Extra Virgin Coconut Oil has the sweet fragrance and flavor of coconut.
Ingredients : 100% Pure Cocos nucifera Oil.
Uses : Perfect for many skin, hair and body care uses like massage and deep moisturizing. May be applied at 100% strength to the skin or blended in lesser percentages.
Benefits & Features
- 100% Natural and Organic EVCO
- Cold Pressed Unrefined Oil
- Non-greasy and fast absorbing
- Effective moisturizer
- Perfect for Hair & Skin care
- Order Now
So what is Extra Virgin Coconut Oil?
The best adjective that comes to mind when you describe a Coconut is Versatile. For centuries, coconut has been the lifeline of people living in the coastal region. It is the vital source of income for many since the uses of coconut are multi-fold. While coconut oil is certainly not an unfamiliar term, Extra Virgin Coconut Oil or EVCO is a fairly new term for many. It is the purest form of coconut oil available in nature.
This oil is extracted from fresh coconuts using a cold process without the application of heat. It is known to be better than regular refined coconut oil in terms of purity, the physical source of oil, the method of extraction and its subsequent benefits.
5 Most Effective Ways To Use Extra Virgin Coconut Oil (EVCO)
- Natural skin and face moisturizer
- Nourishing Hair Tonic
- Best for Baby Massage
- 100% Natural Insect Repellent
- Anti-Aging Properties
Coconut oil is known across the world as not only an effective tonic for the hair but also an excellent moisturizer for the skin. As a matter of fact, coconut oil eliminates the need for some of the most toxic, chemically-laden beauty solutions available in the market. Read on to know more about some of its effective uses:
- Natural skin and face moisturizer: Besides being good for the hair, EVCO is also well-known as a natural skin and face moisturizer. Apart from being non-greasy in nature, Virgin Coconut Oil gets quickly absorbed by the skin. Depending on climatic conditions, it could solidify at room temperature, but quickly melts when it comes into contact with hands. Omved EVCO is the best coconut oil for skin since it does not become rancid. Also when applied on the skin, it works for a longer duration, unlike other oils that can become rancid. Besides effectively moisturizing your skin, it can help prevent wrinkles too. Not surprisingly, due to these various beneficial properties, it is used as a vital ingredient in some of the best skincare creams and products.You can also apply face oils to improve skin texture and health. Usually, natural oils used for face massage tend to be better than wax-based face creams. You can read more about the benefits of applying coconut oil on face overnight and analysis between face oils and face creams here.
- Nourishing Hair Tonic: Many people might search for the best coconut oil for hair growth or even the best oil for hair growth, but more often than not, only 100% natural and chemical-free products sans preservatives can work wonders for your hair. So how does coconut oil help your hair? Coconut oil can help you create your own hair treatment right at home since it can make the hair smooth and improve its overall health.An inexpensive hair treatment: Before trying expensive treatments so copiously recommended by Dermatologists and Trichologists, one can first try the following process using virgin coconut oil. It may be worth it. Take some coconut oil in your palms and massage into your hair for five minutes, focusing on the roots and scalp.Wear a shower cap on your head and take a hot shower to open the hair follicles. This will enable the oil to seep into your scalp, to nourish your hair from within. If possible, sleep in the shower cap and wash thoroughly.
- Best for Baby Massage: A good body massage can do wonders for your baby. Apart from nourishing the skin, increasing blood circulation, it also strengthens the bones and increases immunity. When it comes to baby massage, oils of coconut, mustard, sesame, and olive are most preferred in India. Please ensure the oil you use is 100% plant-based and does not contain mineral oils or synthetic fragrances, as these are petroleum-based and contain toxic contaminants. The best choice of course is, herbal oils made according to ancient Ayurvedic recipes and by traditional methods of steeping, blending, extended simmering and boiling. These oils not only hydrate the skin but also penetrate all the layers of skin to nourish bones and even organs; boosting brain development, eyesight, digestion and more.To read more about how to give your baby a natural and rejuvenating body massage click here or to know more about Omved Ayurvedic baby massage oils, click here.
- 100% Natural Insect Repellent: You can also make a 100% natural insect repellent using coconut oil as a carrier oil. To make your own natural insect repellent lotion, you can blend coconut oil with an essential oil such as lemongrass. You may also try Omved’s 100% natural solutions to repel bugs.
- Anti-Aging Properties: Not to be left behind when it comes to anti-aging creams and creams that turn back the clock, coconut oil has been praised for ages for its anti-aging properties. A little bit of coconut oil, when applied overnight on a regular basis, is believed to show promising results. Order Now
Difference Between Refined Coconut Oil And Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
|OMVED Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil||Other Refined Coconut Oils|
|Made using Fresh Coconuts||Made using dry coconuts or copra|
|Unrefined & unprocessed, sweet natural fragrance||Deodorized or bleached to remove coconut fragrance|
|Retains original flavor||Does not retain flavor|
Refined Coconut Oil is made using dry coconuts or copra and Extra Virgin Coconut Oil (EVCO) is made using fresh coconuts. The most important difference between regular coconut oil and extra virgin coconut oil is the amount of refinement. Refined Coconut Oil, which is also known as deodorized coconut oil is made using dry coconuts. Refined Coconut Oil has a neutral fragrance and flavor while Extra Virgin Coconut Oil has the sweet fragrance and flavor of coconut.
8 Innovative Benefits & Uses of Virgin Coconut Oil
- Protects from sun
- Oil pulling
- Solution for insect bites and stings
- Effective stain remover
- Natural Deodorizer
- Make-up Remover
- Furniture Polish
- Make your own Lip Balm
When you mention Coconut Oil, apart from being effective on hair and skin, you’ll find it is extremely popular for various innovative uses.
- Protects from sun Coconut oil may protect the skin from the sun’s UV rays, which can cause wrinkling and brown spots. But please note that it doesn’t provide the same amount of protection as conventional sunscreen, which can block up to 90% of UV rays.
- Oil pulling Recommended by Ayurveda, Oil Pulling is the swishing of oil in your mouth to ensure better oral hygiene. After swishing the oil has to be discarded. This activity can be a powerful weapon against dental plaque, tooth decay, and gum disease.
- Solution for insect bites and stings Coconut oil has anti-inflammatory properties which can help relieve the pain or itch caused by insect bites or stings. Alternately it may also help reduce swelling. All you have to do is gently rub a small amount onto the area and cover it.
- Effective stain remover Coconut oil can also be used to get rid of stains, including spills on carpets and furniture. You can mix one part coconut oil with one part baking soda. Make them into a paste and apply on the stain for a few minutes before wiping off.
- Natural Deodorizer Coconut oil’s strong antiseptic and antibacterial properties may act as a 100% natural body deodorizer. While sweat itself has no smell, the bacteria living on your skin can react with it to produce odours.
- Make-up Remover You can use coconut oil as a gentle yet effective eye makeup remover. Simply take a few drops on a cotton pad and wipe gently to remove all traces of makeup.
- Furniture Polish Taking care of your furniture is easy with coconut oil as compared to commercial furniture polish with strong odours. It will help keep your furniture looking spanking new, bright and shiny. Besides bringing out the beauty of natural wood, it may also act as a dust repellent.
- Make your own Lip Balm Coconut oil has multiple benefits for the skin. It can also make an ideal lip balm. Order Now
Here’s how you can heal and soothe dry and chapped lips:
Just take a few drops of coconut oil on your palm and dab apply on your lips. This smooth layer will act as a natural moisturizer for your lips, for hours. It will also offer your lips moderate protection from the sun.
How to make virgin coconut oil?
It is easy to make your own version of virgin coconut oil at home. You just have to follow a few simple steps. Click here